Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
- What is Udyog Aadhar ?
- Udyog Aadhar is a Registration Certificate which is issued by the Ministry of MSME and is a unique 12 digit Government identification number for all small and medium enterprises and small scale industries. These business entities are registered through this process as MSME with their Aadhar Card Number.
- What is the Difference between Udyog Aadhar, MSME & SSI
- There is no difference in Udyog Aadhar & MSME i.e. Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises. Before Udyog Aadhar came into existence, it was referred to as MSME registration. Now, the whole process of obtaining MSME registration is converted to Udyog Aadhar registration.
- SSI vs MSME
- SSI stands for Small Scale Industries & MSME stands for Micro, Small “& Medium Enterprises. There is no specific difference between SSI and MSME. SSI was initiated along with the emergence of MSMED (Micro Small and Medium Enterprise Development Act, 2006) for development of the Small Scale Industries.
- What is the difference between Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises ?
|Sector Micro Enterprise||Manufacturing Upto Rs. 25 lakhs investment in plant & machinery||Service Upto Rs. 10 lakhs investment in equipment|
|Small Enterprise||Upto Rs.5 crore investment in plant & machinery||Upto Rs.2 crores investment in equipment|
|Medium Enterprise||Upto Rs.10 crore investment in plant & machinery||Upto Rs.5 crores investment in equipment|
Who can apply for Udyog Aadhar Certificate ?
Any person who intends to start a business & has a valid Aadhar Card Number, can apply for Udyog Aadhaar.
Is Aadhar Number mandatory for online MSME Registration?
Yes. Without Aadhar Number registration can not be done. An applicant who is not yet enrolled for Aadhaar shall have to apply for Aadhaar enrolment.
What are documents required for Udyog Aadhar Online Registration ?
No documents are required for Udyog Aadhar Registration / MSME Registration. Only information provided in Online Application Form is enough.
Is physical copy of Udyog Aadhar Certificate issued ?
No physical copy of MSME Certificate will be issued. Government believes in paperless work.
When & how Udyog Aadhar Registration Certificate will be issued
After filing the Udyog Aadhar application form & payment of the Registration fees, the certificate is sent to the applicants on their given mail.
What benefits an Enterprise gets, on borrowing loan, if it is registered under Udyog Aadhar?
The Enterprise can get a collateral free loan from banks. Also they get loan at reduced rate of interest.
Which Subsidies a Business Entity can avail if it registered under Udyog Aadhar ?
A Business Entity can avail following subsidies if it is registered for Udyog Aadhar :
- Barcode Registration Subsidy
- Industrial Promotion Subsidy
- Subsidy on NSIC Performance & Credit Ratings